Monday, May 7, 2007

ze blog about ze blog

Blogging has never appealed to me. It seems to me to be a somewhat deceitful medium of communication;giving one a sense of privacy akin to a private diary and yet reaching out to more people imaginable than is normally possible in any given discussion And yet here I am.As the years go by,I have noticed a consistent tendency in myself to do things which I had sworn to myself that I would never do. Especially things which everyone wanted to do. My way of rebellion, you could say.Take harry potter for example. The brouhaha around the boy wizard was annoying to say the least and the way we have contributed our bit to making him a cultural icon was absolutely shocking,I assumed. And yet inspite of all my outraged protestations on getting sucked into the madness of pottermania, I read the books and to put it in quite clichéd terms,fell for them hook,line and sinker. They’re absolutely amazing!! Atleast the first four are, when rowling hasn’t yet started putting in box-office touches..It was the same with the much acclaimed lord of the rings. Said I wouldn’t read them or see the film and now am the proud owner of cds of all three films and an extremely handsome copy of the book. There are other instances as well…. reading Paulo coelho, watching Jackie chan films, cheering for a losing Team India, howling for sania mirza, debating on the great chapel-ganguly fiasco…the list goes on….The latest, as you no doubt have guessed ,is blogging.I tried to resist but it wasn’t to be. I suppose its what they call destiny.

No comments: