Thursday, January 17, 2008

Post!

I wrote about ten posts in the last ten days. Did you read them? (‘You’ here implies the three and a half people approximately, who read my blog.) I don’t think you did, the primary reason being of course that they are still in my head. All ready, to be posted, with the t’s crossed and the i’s dotted. And ready to go to the press, so to speak. Except for the fact, that I have the inexplicable habit of delaying transference from head to PC, and well, in this case, not transferring at all.

The saddest part is that now I cant remember what they were on. There was one on a sleepover get together with friends. That should have been fun reading, if I would have written about it at all. Suffice it to say, that I did think of including juicy tidbits, like who bitched about whom, how we all sat up till four in the morning talking, and how we planned to make voodoo dolls for unnamable persons, and stick as many pins and needles into them as possible. Being the extra-virtuous souls that we are, we of course didn’t carry out the voodoo plan, but it’s in the background. Just need to buy the pins.

Another blog post was on my version of award ceremonies. Film of the year- Taare Zameen Par, Actor of the Year- Darsheel Safary, and Businessman of the Year- Shah Rukh Khan, for single-handedly maneuvering Om Shanti Om into being the block-buster of the year. Come to think of it, srk has turned out to be my cheese omelette, and for people, who don’t have any clue what I’m talking about, please ignore. Its one of my enigmatic lines; I make sure to put a couple in each post.

One of the reasons why I have not been able to post in spite of hoarding up such post-able material in the head, is that I have been having 12- hour workdays at the end of which I’m only capable of shoveling food in and sleeping. If I feel too energetic, I stare at ‘sarabhai vs. sarabhai’ on star one, and then go to bed.

Such is life.

A balancing act.

A flurry of movement.

A tango in stilettos.


And I don’t want to slow down.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What on earth do you do for twelve hours? And congrats for havin posted!

Nadir said...

anonymous comments! ahem. :D

zish said...

@ anonymous - thankyou! who is it btw? Promise I won't tell anyone :)


@ nadir - grrr.